Sunday, October 19, 2008

ERA ball and "recovery" day!

First off, the events center where we had the ball was nicer than where my prom was held! It was absolutely beautiful and we had a live singer to start off the night. We all started hanging out and drinking around 5 after getting ready. It was so fun to see everyone so dressed up and excited in the quadd! The night was awesome. Drinks were really expensive but I had a little too much before we left anyways so it was all good. It was so weird to think about the people I am going to have to say goodbye to in about 3 weeks! It is insane how fast time has gone, and a lot of the night was spent remembering the past semester and events of the semester. There were a lot of good and hilarious videos and presentations that were really awesome.
After, all the buses dropped us off at Customs (most popular bar right in town on the beach). At this point it was about 11pm so I was already pretty tired from about 6 hours worth of drinking but we all continued on... a couple of my friends stayed out until about 4:30am swimming in the ocean baths!
I however did not quite make it there... my friend amy and I were kicked out of the bar (this is like the 3rd time for me... whoops) They are really strict here about not acting really drunk in bars. If anyone sees you stumbling or anything you get asked to leave. Each time I am kicked out I am not even that drunk which is pretty funny.... once I just lost my voice and was laughing because of it so I got the boot. This time Amy just took off her shoes and apparently "talked back" to the bouncer. I guess we americans like to cause trouble or something. lol.
If last night wasn't excciting enough today has been "recovery day" and by "recover" I mean with another... drink. Basically you get woken up at 10am to really loud party music to eat some breakfast and start the festivities all over again in the quad. I couldn't even think about drinking but it was pretty funny watching a lot of people being crazy... and they had a sweet bouncy house.... what more could you want? It was also SO hot today. It is so weird that I am going to come home to a New England winter and it is a balmy 85 here right now!
So...that is what I have been up to. I STILL have not done any work. But I figure I am certainly not doing any tonight after this weekend... I have all next week to start. hahaha. Nothing like procrastination.
In the meantime I am off to hang out and watch movies!

No comments: