Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I <3 Australia

Melbourne was amazing... just like everything else! A bunch of our friends from Australearn packed a lot into the three days we were there which was good. We spend one full day on the great ocean road with our sweet Mercedes-Benz glass top roof van and awesome tour guide Brian. The great ocean road is sooo cool. Got some amazing pictures of the 9 apostles and other sites. And the water--so many different colors of crystal clear blue. I have never seen water that pretty in my entire life, really looked right out of a movie or something.
Melbourne is such a fun city. The first night there we found some awesome night life (but with a horrible all-girl band!) None of us could believe how expensive the drinks were though-- 7 dollars for a TINY drink (probably half a normal size). But it was still fun out being in the city with everyone.
The girls and I did a ton of shopping on the Victoria Street market (which is similar to one in Sydney) with just a bunch of everything and anything you could imagine for pretty cheap! We all got some pretty amazing aboriginal artwork/digareedoo's and stuff which was really cool. My favorite part of the trip was feeding the wild parrots and other colorful birds! They just land right on your hand or even in your head! We got some hilarious pictures of everyone (except for Corey who shares Farida's unusual fear of birds! hahaha)
Now I am really down to the very end of our trip and I am getting really sad! We just had a block dinner tonight (roasted lamb,pork, potatoes YUM YUM!) and it is so weird that I am going to have to say goodbye to all of my friends here. They are like family now. I feel like I might be half australian and now I am going to be going home!
I am just making the most of my 2 weeks left here. Hanging out every night, bugging conal and jake, watching movies with them, adding to the quote board when we say stupid things, partying random nights, not worrying about my assignments, going to the beach, dancing in the rain with conal, sneaking into the pool at night, dreaming of wedges, sour cream and sweet chili sauce with amy...

I am taking advantage of every second.

unless conal and jake actually DO call a bomb scare at the airport and I don't have to leave...

No comments: